More formats....

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
syco

More formats....

Post by syco »

Any plans to add Thumbnailing to MediaCenter formats .dvr-ms or .wtv File formats? Would love to get my .wtv files to have thumbnails again..
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: More formats....

Post by BabelSoft »

It should be quite easy to include support for .dvr-ms format. But support for .wtv is more problematic as Microsoft chose to create a new custom format instead of simply using what's already there.
Anyway, do you think you can send me short samples in both formats? You can send them to me via a ftp or any file sharing site.

Edit:
I ran some tests and you can already enjoy good support simply by adding the file extension in the config tool.
Go to the "File Formats" tab, add "dvr-ms;wtv" to the "User Defined Extensions" list, then click on "Apply", and voilà!

Nevertheless, a good chuck of files don't get any thumbnails with the last available version. Actually, I had to do some tweaks to get it to work perfectly on the current dev version. So, your request is already solved. Still, you have to wait for the next version but you'll get it eventually :)
syco

Post by syco »

That is awesome, can't wait for the next release. I have a ton of them that don't have images. Especially .WTV. All my thumbnails for those disappeared after a MS Update. I haven't been able to figure out a way to get them back with all the posts I found on the problem. Hopefully putting them in the file fixes it.
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Sorry about the admin post checkup filter.
I've disabled it for new users as the new spam filter I installed is really efficient. But it seems to be still enabled for users that subscribed before June 2013. I'll try to change the forum settings accordingly.

I'll sure add the bink file format in the format list. It should be available in the next beta.

Edit: I've changed the forum settings, so the admin post checkup filter is completely disabled for every users.