Any plans for including property handlers in Media Preview?

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
Filip013

Any plans for including property handlers in Media Preview?

Post by Filip013 »

I'd like to say that I'm very happy with your program. I'm using it for all video formats, except for MKV because it doesn't allow integration with Windows explorer video details. So I'd like to ask - are there any plans for allowing this functionality? I know it's very different from what Media Preview does but it would be a very useful feature and would complement thumbnail generation nicely.
I'd especially like to have video length details for WEBM files because I download a lot of them from YouTube so I can view them later on my phone. Knowing how much time they take could help with organizing my time.
Hope you might consider something like this...
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: Any plans for including property handlers in Media Previ

Post by BabelSoft »

Filip, thanks for your support :)

Media Preview started as a personal project to finally get a complete and stable tool to generate thumbnails, and all of the current features were implemented because I needed these, better basic image support in current beta included, sound support being a bonus. Video details, and more generally, media metadata integration isn't really useful to me. That's why I never planned to include this feature.

But you're actually not the 1st one to ask me for video details integration within Windows Explorer. And although I don't have the need, it could be interesting to create an app specifically geared towards metadata management. So if I do anything, I'd probably do it in a separate app. Well, I still have the current beta to finish first, then I'll try to set the priorities. I'll probably set up a poll to see what people want to see first.
Filip013

Re: Any plans for including property handlers in Media Previ

Post by Filip013 »

Thank you for replying. I will keep checking this forum for news.